Welcome!

Welcome to the world as I see it. This blog is all about life as I view it, poetry & random ish.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Black isBeautiful

I don't claim to have all the answers about certain things but one thing I do know is that Black is beautiful. We have the most diversity among an ethnic group than anyone else & we also are one of our biggest critics. Gone are the days when we were told that we were brought up to have respect for ourselves & the Black community b/c as soon as one messed up, we all messed up. We as a people don't respect each other & our choices in life. Sure I don't like drug dealers but at the same time, I'm not gone judge somebody for doing what they perceive needs to be done for their family.
With natural hair reemerging as an actual choice for some, it's time that we stop fronting & telling our women that you only look good with a perm, weave or wig. When a man has to go through all the pain that a woman has to go through simply to conform to society's ideals of a woman, then we can talk. Until then I'm good doing me & being single. I don't want anybody to not know that my black is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment